The Name Garden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on Brea

5 posters

Go down

Opinions on Brea Empty Opinions on Brea

Post  Rosie&Scott Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:57 am

This is more for an opinion, but we are considering it for Amelie's middle name.

How would you pronounce it? We've heard two different pronounciations and don't want a name that's too confusing.

I'm starting to panic a little, we have a list of names that we like but nothing seems like the perfect name. At the moment I really like Brea but it's always good to hear some opinions and clear up pronounciation quibbles. I still really like Brynn and Blair but I don't like how they sound with oue surname.

Thank you, Rosie.
Rosie&Scott
Rosie&Scott
Weed

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Brea Empty Re: Opinions on Brea

Post  Yas <3 Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:13 am

At first I prn. it Bree-ah, and then I thought maybe it was prn. like Br-ee.. So I don't know! Razz How did you prn. it?

I think Amelie Brea (prn. Bree) is sweet, but slightly rhymey.. though I quite like it! Very Happy

Amelie Brea (prn. Bree-ah) is gorgeus! If it were Amelia Brea it would be too rhymey, but because you went with Amelie, Brea is perfect.

I really like Brea (whichever way it's pronounced. Wink )

-Yas <3
Yas <3
Yas <3
Seedling

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Leigh Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 am

It looks like Bray-uh to me. I don't know if that's the correct pronounciation, but that's how I read it. Amelie Brea is pretty, whether pro. Bree, Bree-uh or Bray-uh.
Heather Leigh
Heather Leigh
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  *Jacey* Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am

I thought BRAY-uh too!
Bree-uh is also nice, however you choose to say it. Others will catch on
What a Face
*Jacey*
*Jacey*
Admin

https://thenamegarden.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I'd say Bree-ah. I like it spelt Bria better though if you prn it that way. As I said on BNG, I'm not a fan of it with Amelie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie&Scott Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:27 pm

We were pronouncing it Bree-ah which I think is the Gaelic pronounciation. I don't think that it'll be too much of a problem if people think that it's Bray-ah at first, they'll soon catch on as you say, Stacey.

I prefer the spelling Brea to Bria event though it's more complicated!

Which do you prefer with Amelie, Bree-ah or Bray-ah? You can say neither! Any thoughts on Blair/Blaire?

Thank you, R x
Rosie&Scott
Rosie&Scott
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:01 pm

I like Amelie BRAY-ah better. Amelie and BREE-ah have too many "ee" sounds.

I like Blaire better than Brea. Amelie Blaire is very cute
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie&Scott Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks Rose, I see your point about the 'ee' soounds.

I keep going back to Blair/Blaire. We dismissed it because of Tony Blair but I really love it. Also since watching Gossip Girl (I'm embarrassed to admit this for some reason) I associate the name more with a girl than the PM. For Amelie's generation I don't think that the Tony Blair thing will be a problem.

It is official, I am stressing - one of those days!

Rosie.
Rosie&Scott
Rosie&Scott
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

I think Amelie Blaire is beautiful and it fits perfectly with Alexia Hayden and Anaya Paige.

I would've never thought of the Prime Minister upon hearing the name. I only now see the connection because you pointed it out.

In fact, the first time I heard the name was in a movie, Christmas with the Kranks. The daughter in the movie is named Blaire, so I definitely think of it as a girl name. I actually like it a lot, though I do think its better as a mn.

You have every right to be stressing! When is your due date? It must be coming up.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  *Jacey* Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Brea is nice, But I REALLY like Blaire!
Like Rose said, Ameile Blaire sounds wonderful with Alexia Hayden and Anaya Paige Smile
Don't worry we'll get it yet!
*Jacey*
*Jacey*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie&Scott Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:23 pm

24th is our due date! I am offically stressing out, meanwhile Scott is attempting to enjoy every precious moment of his social life while he can - which I understand but it still irritates me!
We're going to my Mum's this weekend and we'll stay there until she's born, my Mum lives much closer to the hospital and she'll be on hand to have the girls at a moments notice!
Strangely I'm quite calm about the actual birth, it's Amelie I'm worried about, joining our chaotic family, poor little mite!

I'm leaning towards Blaire a lot now, do you think it sounds okay with Clarke?

Thanks, R x
Rosie&Scott
Rosie&Scott
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Wow, that's in like, 13 days! I'll keep you guys in my prayers, Rosie. Are the girls excited?

I think Amelie Blaire Clarke is beautiful
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie&Scott Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks Rose! She can literally come at any point now, hopefully not before the weekend though, that would throw our plans out of the window!

Anaya can't wait, she wants to help play Mum, although I'm sure that the novelty will wear off pretty quickly! She said that she can't wait to be a big sister, bless her, I don't think that she's realised that she IS a big sister already. I get what she means though, she'll play the role much more with Amelie than she ever did with Lexy.
Lexy, she's being...theatrical. At the moment she's very clingy and her mood can snap at any point (like her Mummy's!) she's worried that she'll get forgotten, as if that could ever happen! I'm trying to reassure her but I know that when Amelie arrives this will probably only escalate as I will be revolving my schedule around the baby. I'm at a bit of a loss about it, my Mum said that she'll get over it but I feel bad for her, she's always been the baby. - See more stressing!

Amelie Blaire Clarke, this makes me smile. It's the first one that's felt 'right'!
Rosie&Scott
Rosie&Scott
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Leigh Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:29 pm

I think I might have been the one who originally suggested Blaire many posts ago (Or was it Mallory? Or both?). Either way, I think Amelie Blaire is beautiful. Amelie Brea is pretty, but Amelie Blaire is perfect.

You are due two weeks before me, Rosie! I have four weeks left to go. Smile
Heather Leigh
Heather Leigh
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie&Scott Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Heather Leigh wrote:I think I might have been the one who originally suggested Blaire many posts ago (Or was it Mallory? Or both?). Either way, I think Amelie Blaire is beautiful. Amelie Brea is pretty, but Amelie Blaire is perfect.

You are due two weeks before me, Rosie! I have four weeks left to go. Smile

That's most likely Heather, we seem to be making a habit of it! The first post anyone made suggesting first names for us was by Zayda, and her suggestion was Amelie. Several topics later we finally decided on it! Amelie Blaire has a certain charm that I've yet to discover with any other name, hopefully Scott will feel the same.

Two weeks! I'm so excited, and of course a little bit nervous. I've begun a cleaning frenzy - In two weeks the place will look like a chaos party again, I'm sure!

Four weeks to change your husband's mind, right? How's the middle name quest going? Who knows maybe they'll be a Miles after all, have you got any idea? Apparently some people have inklings, were your pregnancies with Ariella and Alex very different?

Rosie.
Rosie&Scott
Rosie&Scott
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Leigh Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm

[quote="Rosie&Scott]
Two weeks! I'm so excited, and of course a little bit nervous. I've begun a cleaning frenzy - In two weeks the place will look like a chaos party again, I'm sure!

Four weeks to change your husband's mind, right? How's the middle name quest going? Who knows maybe they'll be a Miles after all, have you got any idea? Apparently some people have inklings, were your pregnancies with Ariella and Alex very different?
[/quote]

I've started "nesting" as well! Were Anaya & Alexia born right around their due dates? Mine were both late, but I'm hoping this one won't be.

Roger is still stubbornly holding on to Sunshine. I may just go the two middle name route, so she has the option of using whatever middle name that she wants. We'll see.

My gut instinct is that it is a girl. My instincts turned out to be right with Ariella & Alex, but you never know for sure. I had awful morning sickness with Ariella and again with this baby, but none with Alex. Although, both Alex & this baby gave me heartburn.

It's cute that Anaya is excited about Amelie's arrival. My daughter is bursting with excitement. She says "good night" to my belly now when she goes to bed.
Heather Leigh
Heather Leigh
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:08 pm

I hope you can convince Roger that Brooke is the better way to go, Heather----I think you're having a girl (I love to guess haha)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Leigh Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 am

Permanent Rose wrote:I hope you can convince Roger that Brooke is the better way to go, Heather----I think you're having a girl (I love to guess haha)

Hey; maybe we should start a pool - just for fun. We already know that Zayda is having a boy, but we could guess the gender, DOB, and birth weight of mine, Rosie's and Erowyn's babies. We could still do the last two categories for little Caleb. What do you think?
Heather Leigh
Heather Leigh
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 am

That would be fun, though you would all have to give us some background info on your other pregnancies (like if you were typically early or late, and the weights of your other babies at birth)

Great idea Heather! Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Leigh Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:35 am

I guess we could set it up under "Garden Games", huh? We can't give too much information, though, because that would take the fun out of guessing!
Heather Leigh
Heather Leigh
Weed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 am

Haha. you have a point. I'd say we go for it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  *Jacey* Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Heather Leigh wrote:
Permanent Rose wrote:I hope you can convince Roger that Brooke is the better way to go, Heather----I think you're having a girl (I love to guess haha)

Hey; maybe we should start a pool - just for fun. We already know that Zayda is having a boy, but we could guess the gender, DOB, and birth weight of mine, Rosie's and Erowyn's babies. We could still do the last two categories for little Caleb. What do you think?

sounds fun!
go ahead Smile
*Jacey*
*Jacey*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 am

Hi Rosie.

That looks like a great choice. You could pronounce it either Bree-Ah or Bray-Uh. I think it sounds nicer Bray-Uh but ultimately it is your choice.
Hope you are well.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ally Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:41 pm

I think that Brea is beautiful. It fits in nicely with Amelie.

Ally
Seedling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down